We just wanted to take a minute to let parents know that here at Creative Edge Art Studio we are continuing to monitor the developments in the news regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
The CDC and local health authorities recommend the following actions to prevent the spread of respiratory illness, and these are actions we promote on a regular basis here at the studio:
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a cleaning spray or wipe. (We have taken extra measures in this regard for the past few weeks)
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
We have made the decision to cancel our Masters Series after school art classes next week 3/16-3/22 and will be extending the semester so the last day of classes will be Saturday, 5/23/20. We have also cancelled Friday Night Fun that was scheduled for 3/20/20 and Art Adventures scheduled for 3/18. We are hoping to resume classes on Monday, March 23rd and will keep everyone informed. Parents with children enrolled, please be sure to add [email protected] to your address book to make sure you receive important updates regarding classes. You can also receive important updates via text message by texting @2d3924 to 81010.
We will remain open next week and will be extending our Spring Break Workshops for parents who need to keep working and need a place for their children to go with the schools being closed. We will be doing morning art workshops from 9-12 and afternoon art workshops from 1-4 with extended care available. Workshops will be limited to 10 children. We are following our normal protocol of not allowing students attend if they have had a fever in the past 24 hours. We are asking that anyone who accompanies a student to the studio also be fever free for 24 hours (without the help of medication). For the safety of all of our students and team, we ask that anyone who has traveled or has had potential contact with the coronovirus wait 14 days before coming to the studio. More information about our spring break workshops can be found here: Extended Spring Break Workshops
We hope everyone stays healthy during this time.